Last weekend, in my Market Forecast, I wrote:
"For the new week, the techs are in a position to lead the market
higher. Financials may need a bit of rest. However, energy stocks
could off set any weakness in financials. We could see the SPX glide
higher. If the market does push up, techs have room to jump more."
Things seemed to be going along with the forecast on Monday. The market pushed higher and SPX briefly went above 1410. However, on Tuesday, the market took a pause as concerns over growth in China grew. Wednesday saw techs rally back up, helping the to even out the broader market. But, the market finally gave in to the selling pressure on Thursday. Surprisingly, the market climbed back a bit on Friday to close mixed for the week.
We had some mixed results for the week. We scored some big winners including +150% profit on GOOG, twice! Once on the 625 calls and just two days later on 635 calls! We also locked in +99% on CREE and +145% on FAS calls. Here are the closed trades for the week:
- 07:36 | Ecstatic Plays AAPL ($598.00) Sold to Close 0323P595 Mar 595 put, at $0.73 -76%
- 07:14 | HappyTrading NKE ($106.50) Sold to Close 0330C110 Mar 110 calls, at $0.25 -93%
- 06:56 | Ecstatic Plays GOOG ($645.90) Sold to Close 0323C645 Mar 645 calls, at $4.50 -8%
- 10:13 | HappyTrading GMCR ($56.20) Sold to Close 04C55 Apr 55 calls, at $4.15 +30%
- 10:07 | Ecstatic Plays NFLX ($120.30) Sold to Close 0325C115 Mar 115 calls, at $5.90 +39%
- 09:46 | Ecstatic Plays NFLX ($120.60) Sold to Close 0323C115 Mar 115 calls, at $6.30 +48%
- 09:39 | Ecstatic Plays GOOG ($645.50) Sold to Close 0323C635 Apr 635 calls, at $12.50 +150%
- 09:32 | Ecstatic Plays GOOG ($644.35) Sold to Close 0323C635 Mar 635 calls, at $10.60 +112%
- 07:56 | HappyTrading MA ($420.40) Sold to Close 0323C425 Mar 425 calls, at $1.90 -65%
- 07:12 | Ecstatic Plays GS ($126.65) Sold to Close 0323C125 Mar 125 calls, at $2.85 +33%
- 07:07 | Ecstatic Plays CF ($185.35) Sold to Close 0323C185 Mar 185 calls, at $2.65 -15%
- 06:48 | HappyTrading GOOG ($628.30) Sold to Close 0323C635 Mar 635 calls, at $3.00 -54%
- 06:46 | HappyTrading WYNN ($126.40) Sold to Close 0323C130 Mar 130 calls, at $0.70 -59%
- 08:58 | Ecstatic Plays FAS ($11.25) Sold to Close 0323C105 Mar 105 calls, at $6.85 +145%
- 08:20 | HappyTrading GOOG ($635.00) Sold to Close 0323C625 Mar 635 calls, at $12.60 +152%
- 08:13 | HappyTrading GOOG ($633.30) Sold to Close 0323C625 Mar 625 calls, at $11.50 +130%
- 07:52 | Ecstatic Plays CREE ($31.92) Sold to Close 0323C30 Mar 30 calls, at $2.15 +99%
- 07:47 | HappyTrading AMZN ($185.40) Sold to Close 0323C185 Mar 185 calls, at $2.35 +7%
- 07:30 | HappyTrading OVTI ($19.30) Sold to Close 04C18 Apr 18 calls, at $1.75 +17%
(to subscribe to our Premium Services, please visit our Services Page or CLICK HERE to watch a step-by-step instructional video)
For the week, the Dow fell 151.89 points; SPX slid 7.06 points; Nasdaq actually added +12.66 points. Gold was flat and oil fell slightly. At the time of this writing, Asian markets were mixed. Let's take a look at how the US market closed on Friday:
On Friday, SPX added +4.33 points to close at 1397.11. It closed at its 10-day MA. The MACD was slightly down.
Nasdaq gained +4.6 points to close at 3067.92. It closed above its daily MAs. The MACD was flat.
SPX closed right at its 10-day MA, while Nasdaq was a little stronger. However, the broader market's weekly winning streak was stalled at 5. For the new week, it seems this market just does not want to go down. Techs still appear strong. Nasdaq has resistance between 3090 and 3100. SPX seems to have resistance at 1410. We may see the market testing the resistance levels. Whether or not it will break them, we'll have to see how things go during the week. Industrials are still weak, but, techs and financials are healthy.
XLE touched its lower daily BB and its daily MAs just developed a new bearish formation. We'll have to watch this group carefully. APA, HES, SLB are weak. OXY had a good bounce on Friday.
IGV did close lower last week, but, its bullish formation is still healthy. ORCL has been trading down after its earnings. ADBE also traded down, but, has been climbing higher since Monday. CTSH and CTXS are holding. CRM and VMW look strong.
FDN actually closed higher last week. GOOG, AMZN, and PCLN all helped. FDN could get a break out in the new week. CHKP could be ready for a new leg up. NFLX could get a new leg up above $120. Guess what? CRM is one of the major holdings in FDN as well. What are the chances that two major ETFs could drive the same stock up?
XLF managed to close above its daliy MAs. MA and V could see new breakouts. GS and JPM are strong. Major financial stocks seem to follow the ETF closely.
Good night and HappyTrading! ™
Sign up for FREE membership!